Sunday, March 11, 2012

Writing

For my further research paper, I focused on an article that dealt with teens and their writing both in and out of the classroom.  I thought it was interesting how many of them thought writing was essential to their success in the future.  I think this was so surprising because I constantly hear how many people dislike writing and obviously pay attention because I want my students to like it; if they like it, they are prone to put more effort in. At the end of the article there were suggestions from the students as to what would help them enjoy writing more.  Some of the suggestions were letting them pick their own prompts, giving them more freedom when reading, receiving more feedback, and allowing them to share their writing more publicly like on blogs or wikispaces with their classmates like we do.  Seeing their own opinions mixed with statistics from the study really helped me to see what they want and how to better help them, which is hopefully all of our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment